Saturday 5 May 2018

Flower Wreath

Flower Wreath

Color Throwdown Card Challenge #491 is a colour challenge to use the colours Coral, Green, Kraft and White which has been set by Amy Rysavy - Prairie Paper & Ink.


My submission for this card challenge is below:


So firstly I got a White ready-made card base (5 x 5") from my craft stash.  I then die cut a wreath in Kraft card stock on my Big Shot machine.  I then repeated die cutting the same die with Green card stock this time.  Then with Coral card stock I die cut (x15) flowers of 3 different types and sizes. That completed the die cutting.

I then cut the green stems and leaves from the green wreath to adhere with wet glue on top of the Kraft wreath.  Then using wet glue again, I positioned (x11) flowers on the wreath on the front of the card.

Using Memento Dewdrop "Bamboo Leaves" ink, I used my stamp positioner tool to stamp the sentiment "Flowers bloom when friendships blossoms" into the centre of the wreath.

To complete the image on the front of the card I put small pearls into the centres of the big flowers and tiny pearls into the centres of the tiny flowers.  Finally I tied a small (1/8") White bow and adhered this to the top of the wreath with wet glue.


To continue the theme inside the card, I adhered (x4) flowers with pearls onto the bottom left-hand corner.  On the front of the card I adhered (x2) of the tiny flowers and pearls onto the bottom right-hand side corner as well.  

I then stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" along with the image of the duck delivering an envelope in the top left-hand corner of the envelope so that the recipient of this card would know it was not a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...