Sunday 6 May 2018

Birthday Bear Surprise!

Birthday Bear Surprise



My submission towards this Sketch Card Challenge is below:


So first I found a White card stock ready-made card base (5 7/8 x 4 1/8") in my craft stash which was ideal for this project.  I then trimmed a Kraft card stock layer (5 1/2 x 3 3/4"), a Dark Blue card stock rectangle (3 1/2 x 3") and a Light Blue card stock rectangle (5 x 2").  On the Big Shot I die cut a Light Blue card stock stitched circle (2 1/2").

Now for the stamping, I used MFT "Beary Special Birthday" stamps for this project.  Firstly, I stamped the set of three presents in Memento Dewdrop "Paris Dusk" ink randomly on the Kraft card stock.  From the photographs below you will see that I also stamped this image of the presents inside the card and on the envelope too to continue the theme throughout.   I then used my Embossing buddy on the Dark Blue card stock rectangle and stamped the sentiment "SURPRISE!" in Versamark, covered this with WOW White embossing powder and heat set it with my heat gun.  On the Light Blue card stock circle I used the Embossing buddy again and this time I stamped the main image of the Bear inside the present box in Black pigment ink and covered this with clear embossing powder and heat set it again with my heat gun.  Whilst the inks were out, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday, my friend" inside the card with Black Memento Ink and also stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duck delivering the envelope which indicates to the recipient of my card that they haven't got a bill!

Now the embossing powder had cooled down, I could now colour the image with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.  I used the following markers (BT6, BT8, GG3, BP7, FS6, TN9, EB6 and a colour lifter pen).  On this image I also used a Black gel pen to highlight the bear's nose and eyes after using the alcohol markers.  I also used a White gel pen to add highlights to the ribbon and to the bear's cheeks.

The project could now be put together.  I adhered both the Kraft card stock and the Light Blue card stock rectangle with double sided tape.  The Kraft card stock to the card base and the Light Blue card rectangle which I cut the end into a banner shape onto the Kraft card stock.  The Dark Blue card stock rectangle I adhered using foam tape to give some dimension and the Light Blue circle with the image on it was adhered using double sided tape as well.


 Inside the card

 On the envelope

My project was now complete.  I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...