Saturday 5 May 2018

Purple Card Challenge

Purple Card Challenge





My take on this Challenge is as below:


So to begin with I cut a Plum card base (5 1/2 x 4 1/8") and then cut a piece of patterned paper which was Dark Plum and Light Plum stripes (4 3/4 x 2").  Next I trimmed a piece of Dark Plum card stock to (4 3/4 x 2") as well and cut a strip of Purple paper (4 x 1") and a Light Purple card stock strip to (4 x 1") which I then punched with a floral punch on one edge.  I then found in my stash (gifted by a crafty pal Nina Tanner) a (2 1/2 x 2 1/2") die cut Purple square.  I also found a Purple circle (1") sentiment "Thanks" in my stash to use as well.  To layer this I punched a (1 1/8") scalloped circle.

Everything was cut out ready, on the light pieces of card stock I sponged the edges with Memento Dewdrop Sweet Plum ink to give it a bit of a shabby chic look.  I then laid out all the pieces on the card base to make sure I was happy with the colours and sizes to go with the sketch.  I adhered all the pieces with double sided tape to ensure a good hold, except the punch Purple card stock that I adhered to the Purple paper with wet glue due to the holes from the floral punch.  Also the sentiment circle and scalloped circle were adhered with foam pads to give it some dimension from the rest of the card pieces.

Although the pieces created the sketch, I felt that it needed an image of some sort.  In my craft stash I found a silhouette of a lady's head with a very fancy hat that was decoupage.  This looked very shabby chic on my card adhered onto the Purple card stock die cut square.  To complete the card I added two Purple heart gems, one on the sentiment and one as the lady's ear-ring.  

On the envelope, I stamped the "Happy Mail" sentiment and the duck delivering the envelope image as normal; so that the recipient of my card would know that it was not a bill!  This completed my project.  

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...