Thursday 3 May 2018

Love You, Beautiful

Love You, Beautiful

Crafting with Dannii, Face Book Group had it's 2nd Card Challenge week starting Monday 30.4.2018.  It was a Mix It Up Challenge #5 where there was a sketch and colours involved.  You could either use only the sketch or only the colours or use both together.  


I decided to use the sketch only in my design but as you will be able to see I also used one of the colours (this wasn't intentionally). 


Using one of my ready-made card bases (5 7/8 x 4 1/8") in Vanilla card stock, I then cut a piece of pink/silver foil patterned paper (4 x 5 3/4").  In my scrap pink folder I found a piece of Pink card stock the ideal size (4 x 2 1/2"), at this point I trimmed a piece of Vellum to the same size as the Pink card stock.  I ran this through the Big Shot in the embossing folder 'Softly Falling' by Stampin' Up.  I put both pieces together and cut a banner end.  I held all 3 pieces together (Vellum, Pink banner and Pink/Silver patterned paper) and punched two holes (1") apart at the top.  I then threaded a (1/8") White ribbon through the holes from the back and tied a bow.  I secured the ribbon on the back with some double sided tape.

The Pink/Silver patterned paper was adhered to the card base using foam pads to create dimension.  The Sentiment strips (1 1/4 x1/2") and (1 1/2 x 1/2"); "Love You" and "Beautiful", were adhered to the Vellum banner.  I then found different sized butterflies in my craft stash (x2) tiny ones which I put on the tips of the Vellum banner, a (1 1/2") Silver foil 5-pointed star which was adhered with a foam pad to the left-hand side of the Vellum banner and (x2) (1 1/2") double winged butterflies which I adhered to the bottom corners of the front panel.  Now for the inside.


 I adhered a (2 1/4 x 2") die cut piece of Pink card stock (which had been gifted to me from the lovely Nina Tanner).  Onto this I adhered a Silver glitter butterfly sticker.


I put another of the self-adhesive butterflies onto the bottom left-hand corner of the envelope.  I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" in the top left-hand corner of the envelope along with the duck carrying mail image so the recipient of my card knows that they have not got a bill.  This completed my project.  

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...