Wednesday 2 May 2018

Heat Embossed Petal Palette

Heat Embossed Petal Palette



In my craft stash I had some ready-made card bases (5 3/4 x 4").  I used a Dark Blue one  for this design.  I also found a large White card stock rectangle aperture (5 1/2 x 3 7/8") that was ideal to frame my white embossed image.

Using Stampin' Up 'Petal Palette' stamp set, I decided upon using the largest leafy branch stamp.  First I ran the Embossing Buddy across the card front.  I then stamped the image twice using Versamark; then I sprinkled on WOW White Embossing powder.  After I had tapped off the excess powder, I heat set the embossing powder with my heat gun.  I then used the Embossing buddy again around the outer edge of the card base.  I stamped a small 5 petalled flower all around the leafy branches.  Also there was a spotty stamp that I added Versamark to and stamped this at the bottom of the card front.  The white embossing powder was sprinkled on as before, excess tapped off and then heat set.  This was now left to cool down completely.

Now for the sentiment.  I used a small die 'Thank You' and I cut it out of scraps of White card stock approximately 8 times.  I then adhered the die cut sentiments one on top of the other; creating a 3-dimensional sentiment.  This was glued onto the Dark Blue card stock in the space between the ends of the leafy branches and the spotty border.  The White rectangle aperture card stock was adhered on top of the image on the card base using foam pads to give the card some dimension.  All the White embossed flowers were given a rhine stone (x7).  

There was a 'Thank You' die cut spare, so I glued this to the top left-hand side on a diagonal.  So that there was somewhere to write a message I die cut an (4 x 3") White card stock oval; this I adhered into the centre of the inside panel.  

On the envelope I stamped 'Happy Mail' and the little duck image so that the recipient of my card would know that it was not a bill.  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...