Wednesday 2 May 2018

Happy Little Critters

Happy Little Critters


My take on this sketch is below:



So first I made a White card stock base (5 1/2 x 4 1/8") and trimmed a Black card stock layer (5 1/4 x 4") which was adhered straight onto the card base with wet glue.  I then cut a piece of foil patterned paper (5 x 3 3/4") Out of scraps of the Black card stock I die cut (x3) tags (2 1/2 x 1 1/4").  I cut (x3) pieces of Gold (1/8") ribbon and thread these through the tag holes. The tags were adhered straight to the foil layer starting at the left hand side, leaving only an (1/8") between and they were also secured by the ends of the Gold ribbon on the back of the foil layer; using some double sided tape. The Foil layer was then adhered onto the Black layer with foam pads to give the card some dimension.  

From some Black card stock and Foil scraps; a (1 3/4") scalloped circle and a (1 1/2") stitched circle were die cut.  The Foil circle was adhered onto the Black card stock circle.  From some further Black card stock scraps, a banner was cut (4 x 1/4"), along with a sentiment banner (4 x 1/4") that I found in my craft stash.  The 2 banners were adhered together under the scalloped circle and these were then adhered to the card front at the bottom right-hand corner.  

Now for the images.  Using the Big Shot and scraps of coloured card stock I die cut the elements necessary to create a brown bear, a pink pig and a grey rabbit.  All the card stock elements were glued together using wet glue and a white gel pen was used to create the eyes; a black gel pen was used after this had dried to draw the eye pupils. These images were adhered to the card front one in each Black tag.  The bear was in the first, then the pig and finally the rabbit.  

I left the inside of the card empty and I stamped the sentiment 'Happy Mail' on the front of the envelope along with the duck image for the recipient of my card.  This is to let them know that they have not got a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...