Saturday 5 May 2018

Lazying by the River

Lazying by the River



I was late with my entry for this Card Challenge but I was determined to get a design done.  My design is as below:


Firstly I cut a Dark Green card base (5 7/8 x 4"), then I created the (2") wide strip which I created in a patterned paper which was green with white spots this was (5 1/2") in length.  Instead of a rectangle measuring (2 1/2 x 3 1/2") I die cut a Black card stock oval in the same size.  I also cut a Black piece of card stock (5 1/4 x 3 3/4").  On this piece I put it on my score board and scored it diagonally every (1/4") both ways creating a diamond pattern in the card stock.  

So I adhered the Black scored card stock with double sided tape to the card base with a (1/8") border at the bottom.  I then used my bow maker to create a triple bow using different coloured green embroidery threads.  The ends of which were secured at the back of the Green spotty patterned paper before this was adhered onto the Black scored card stock.  The Black card stock oval was adhered using foam pads.  

I felt that the design needed something more, so in my craft stash I found some images which were predominantly greens of a mouse lazying by the riverside.  There was an oval image which fit on the Black card stock oval and a square image which I adhered inside the card to carry on the theme.
There was some of the Green spotty patterned paper left so I created a banner and adhered a "Happy Birthday" sentiment onto this before the banner was put on foam pads to bring it above the Black card stock oval.  I then added 3 Black gems to the top right-hand corner of the card base.

To finish off my project, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" to the front of the envelope along with the image of the duck delivering the mail which ensures that the recipient of this card knows that it is not a bill!  Now my project was complete.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...