Monday 7 May 2018

April Showers Bring May Flowers

April Showers Bring May Flowers

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC#198 is a theme this week:


I looked on Google to see what type of flowers would bloom in May and these flowers came up called Black Eyed Susan or Rudbeckia.  My daughter's name is Rebecca or Beckii is her preferred name.  I thought that these flowers were beautiful and that I could replicate them using my Stampin' Up Delightful Daisy punch.


This is my submission for this theme challenge.


I first trimmed an Orange card base (5 1/4 x 4") and then a piece of Black card stock measuring (5 x 3 3/4").  Using my score board, I scored every (1/4") horizontally on the piece of Black card stock to give it some dimension and pattern.  Then I punched out (x6) Delightful Daisies using a Light Orange card stock.  The Black scored card stock was adhered to the card base using double sided tape.

Next came the stamping, I used the Stampin' Up "Label Me Pretty" stamp set to stamp out the blank label with Black Memento Ink on Vanilla card stock.  I stamped inside the patterned label the sentiment "To my dear friend."  Then I inked up the Daisy punched card stock pieces.  First I sponged an Orange/Yellow ink onto the petals and then sponge tipped the ends with Memento Dewdrop Tuxedo ink.  I adhered (x3) of the punched daisies together with wet glue, each slightly differently placed on the other; so that I could achieve the fullest flower.  I repeated this with the other Daisy.  I put self-adhesive large Black gems into the centres of the the Daisies.  

The sentiment was adhered up in the top right-hand corner using foam pads, using wet glue (x6) Silver sequins were placed in a line coming down directly from the bottom centre of the sentiment.  Then (x5) Black sequins were placed on either side of the Silver ones.  

The (x2) flowers (My Black Eyed Susan/Rudbeckia) were adhered using large glue dots at the base.  I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" on the top left-hand corner of the envelope along with the duck delivering the envelope image; so that the recipient of this card would know that it was not a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O) 


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Lorraine! The sponging of the flowers really bring them to life! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle W, this is the first time I have done any sponging on my flowers but I wanted them to be as realistic as possible. I will be Googling images of flowers in the future as this helped a lot with my project. x

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...