Tuesday 8 May 2018

Skies the Limit!

Skies the Limit!



My card design using these colours is below:


So first I found a Dark Blue ready-made card base (5 3/4  4 1/8"), I then trimmed a piece of Light Blue card stock (5 5/8 x 4") which I adhered straight to the card base using double sided tape.  Next I trimmed a pieces of White card stock (5 1/2 x 3 3/4"), using Stampin' Up 'Pool Party' ink and my MFT cloud stencil I sponged a cloud scene all over the White card stock.  

Then I die cut a ( 4 x 3") White oval card stock to go inside the card for the greeting to be written on.  I then stamped using my MFT "Adorable Elephant" stamp set - an elephant, a kite and a butterfly (an elephant inside the card too) and the bird was from my MFT "Happy Hippos" stamp set.  On a pieces of scalloped die cut Light Blue card stock (gifted to me by Nina Tanner) I stamped the sentiment "Thank You" in Stampin' Up 'Basic Grey' ink.  All the images on the outside of the card I coloured with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers as follows (GB6, OR2, OR3, FS6, GG3, BG7, BG9 and the colour lifter).  I also used both my White and Black gel pens in creating detail on these images.  

I adhered the White oval inside the card using double sided tape.  The front image was adhered to the card base using foam pads, as was the sentiment to the top right-hand corner of the card.

On the envelope, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" along with the image of the duck delivering the card; this indicates to the recipient of my card that they have not got a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...