Tuesday 14 August 2018

Daisy, Daisy

Daisy, Daisy

Cotswold Crafter's Card Sketch Challenge was this: 


This is my take on this sketch.  I decided to use my favourite Stampin' Up stamp set "Daisy Delight" for the main image of my project.  I had in the past purchased the DSP (Patterned Paper) for this stamp set but I have been hoarding it I am afraid.  So it seemed a great time to break into it.  


So I started with a Mossy Meadow card stock base (8 1/4 x 5 3/4 scored at 4 1/8").  The next layer I cut was a Balmy Blue layer (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") and then I cut two pieces of the beautiful patterned paper for the top mat (5 3/8 x 3 5/8").  These were adhered onto the card base with double sided tape because there is quite a lot of depth with the rest of the embellishments.  

In my craft stash I found a gold foil die cut strip which was slightly longer than the card base vertically; so adhered with wet glue and and cut the excess off.  I then stamped the daisy image (x3) in Peek-a-Boo Peach and the centre too (but I stamped off the centre first before stamping the flower detailed centre).  I did the same with the leaves, I stamped off with the Mossy Meadow for the leaves that I wanted the detail on.  

The daisies were punched out and I glued these together (I bent the petals slightly using my bone folder); the leaves I fussy cut out with my Snips.  The Daisy was adhered onto the  card front with two foam pads on top of each other.  I stamped the daisy image inside the card and on the envelope too.  On the top of the envelope I also stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail which helps the recipient of my card knows that they are not getting a bill!

Final embellishment was the buttons and the sentiment.  The gold sticker sentiment 'Best Wishes', I got from my craft stash; as I did the (x4) buttons (blue, pink, yellow and green).

Thank you for joining me on my blog to celebrate my take on the Cotswold Crafter's Card Sketch Challenge, if you want to see any other of the projects made click on the underlined words.  If you would like to leave me some feedback/comments I would really appreciate that.  

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card Lorraine, I love the daisy stamp set and I really miss that matching DSP xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set and punch, it was my first purchase from Stampin' Up so it holds dearly in my heart. I purchased the DSP then but have been hoarding it since; I know; my bad. But I will carry on using it though. xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...