Tuesday 14 August 2018

Tranquil Tulip in Copper

Tranquil Tulip in Copper

The card sketch challenge for the FaceBook Group - Stamp with Joy Week 32 is this:

My take on this week's challenge is this:


I was very late putting this project together but I had in my head what I wanted to use on it.  A great crafting friend of mine, Brenda Harrison; who purchased the Stampin' Up 'Tranquil Tulip' stamp set for me.  So I wanted a project that would show off this wonderful stamp set but also be a good image to be able to split into three pieces.

So I started with a white card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") and a black card stock layer (5 5/8 x 3 7/8").  I then cut (x3) pieces (6 x 4.5 cm); I joined them at the back with masking tape and then used my embossing buddy all over it.  I then stamped my floral images in Versamark, added copper embossing powder and heat set it.  I punched a black shape from the Tailor Punch and did the same but stamped the sentiment 'Birthday Wishes' in copper as well.  I separated the black card stock pieces and cut white card stock to give a very small 1/8th border.  I punched another Tailor Punch in white and this I cut in half and adhered each half behind the black shape.  Adding the card stock together with double sided tape helped to stretch out where the black had been heat embossed.  I felt that there was something missing; so I stamped the front of the tulips in Versamark, added copper embossing powder and heat set.  These two pieces I fussy cut out with my Snips and added them to the images with foam pads to give dimension. 

In my craft stash I found a piece of Copper Tulle, so I cut a piece to go over the black card stock vertically before I laid the (x3) image pieces.  These were popped up on foam pads as well.  The final embellishment was to put (x3) Copper Nuvo drops at the top right-hand corner of the card base. 

I decided to leave anything else on this card, inside and on the envelope.  I did stamp my 'Happy Mail' sentiment on the envelope and the duckling delivering the mail.  If you have any feedback/comments that you would like to give me about this project, please do.  Thank you for coming to see my latest project and I hope to see you again.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)  


2 comments:

  1. Wow Lorraine, this card is stunning - I love the contrast between the flowers and the black cardstock!! Brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie, when I created it I knew what I had in mind but it came out far better than expected. xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...