Tuesday 8 May 2018

Tatty Ted Birthday Balloon

Tatty Ted Birthday Balloon

The Card Challenge this week by Crafting with Dannii Face Book Group is to use an Embossing Folder and a Sentiment (only) to create a card.  (Embellishments allowed).  This is my submission for the challenge.



To create my card design I first found a Dark Blue ready-made card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") in my craft stash.  I then trimmed a piece of Light Blue card stock (5 3/8 x 3 3/4") this was adhered straight to the card base using double sided tape.  I then trimmed a piece of White card stock (5 3/8 x 3 3/4"); I sent this through the Big Shot in my Tatty Ted Embossing Folder.  I stamped the sentiment 'Happy Birthday' onto the balloon with Stampin' Up 'Basic Grey' ink using the stamp from MFTs 'Adorable Elephant' stamp set.  

Next I used my Prismacolor Pencils to colour in Tatty and his balloon.  I used the following colours (PC1002, PC904, PC1056, PC1054 and PC1060).  I also used both a Black and a White gel pen for highlights Tatty.  

Then I added a bit of Wink of Stella to the balloon to make it glimmer.  I adhered this to the card base using foam pads to give the card some dimension.  Inside the card I adhered a White (3 x 4") die cut oval for the greeting to be written on.  

Finally, I added Glossy Accents to the balloon so that when it dried completely it would look 3D.  On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the duck delivering the envelopment image so that the recipient would know that they did not have a bill!  😀

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...