Sunday 22 July 2018

Three Colour Card Challenge

Three Colour Card Challenge

Inspire.Create's Challenge #022 this week is a Colour Challenge using three colours shown below:

I was also able to use this card in the Cotswold Crafters Sketch challenge for this week.  Here is the sketch challenge that had been put forward.  


My card design using these three colours is as photographed below; the front cover and inside:



So starting with a card base in Shaded Spruce (8 1/4 x 5 7/8") and folded in half, the a Powder Pink piece of DSP (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") and on top of this a piece of Coastal Cabana (5 3/8 x 3 5/8").  The Coastal Cabana card stock was rounded at the corners with my new SU Detailed Trio punch and I punched the floral design into each corner as well.  Whilst the trimmer was out I cut a piece of white card stock for the inside of the card (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") and rounded the corners of this piece too with the punch and punched the floral design in the top two corners only on this piece; because I was adding two small strips of the colours used in the challenge along the bottom of the white card stock.  I used the Varied Vase punch to punch out the three different shaped vases in Shaded Spruce card stock to extend the theme of the front of the card to the inside cover.

So back to the front cover.  I punched from white card stock a Starburst, a 2" scalloped circle and a 1 3/8" scalloped circle.  On the Starburst circle I stamped two sets of one of the flowers in Powder Pink, on the 2" scalloped circle I stamped Tulip heads in Coastal Cabana and on the 1 3/8" scalloped circle I stamped leaves in Shaded Spruce.  I then stamped two of the patterned vases; one in Coastal Cabana and the other in Powder Pink and punched these out with the Varied Vases punch.  I cut a banner (3 7/8 x 1 1/2") in Shaded Spruce card stock and then a smaller banner in white card stock.  On the white banner I stamped the scalloped shelf in Shaded Spruce and stamped the sentiment "Hoping your day blooms with happiness!" in Versafine black ink.  

Next step was to put the card together, the inside was complete and the next part on the front cover was to put the ribbon around the top and tie a bow and secure this before securing the Coastal Cabana card stock.  Then the two largest circles were adhered to the Coastal Cabana card stock and the banner popped up on dimensionals.  The two vases were adhered to the banner with double sided tape and the fronts popped up with dimensionals too.  The final small circle was adhered to the banner with double sided tape and this too was popped up with dimensionals where it wasn't on the banner.  

I did think of putting some Wink of Stella or Glossy Accents but decided against this because I felt that the card design had enough going on.  The final part to this project will be to stamp the sentiment 'Happy Mail' onto the envelope along with the duckling delivering the mail image so that the recipient of this card knows it is not a bill!

If you have enjoyed this project of mine, please leave me some feedback I really appreciate the time it takes to complete blog comments but I do read everyone and answer them all.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine I hope I did this right by following you. Great card with the bases. I just got mine have not used yet. Bet you are in bed by now, hope this does not wake you. Till next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, thank you for following my blog. You will really enjoy the Varied Vases stamp set I am itching to use it again for a different challenge. :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...