Sunday 4 February 2018

MFT Sketch Challenge

MFT Sketch Challenge #370

I wanted to take part in this Sketch Challenge, where you create a card with this sketch in mind.  The photograph below shows you my finished project.



I found in my stash a card base with the hearts on it but I needed to have a layer on top.  So I cut the card base in half (it already had the curved corners on it) and adhered the front piece to a (6x6") white card base.  I then took the 2nd from largest heart dies I have and cut through the front of the card with The Big Shot creating a heart shaped aperture.  Luckily I was able to thread a piece of colourless thread through from the centre of the heart up to the top edge of the front panel before the adhesive had had time to dry.  (TOP TIP - do this before you adhere the top heart layer)  The piece that was cut out I adhered onto the back panel so that when the card is closed the front panel is complete.

Then I needed something inside my heart aperture.  I stamped a flying pig from Stampin' Up -  'This Little Piggy' stamp set.  But I needed an opposite stamp so that the pig would be the same on both sides.  So using my stamp positioner I stamped the first flying pig onto a piece of white card stock and then stamped it again onto a piece of acetate.  Quickly I turned the acetate over and rubbed the back, which put the ink onto the white card stock and I had a flying pig flying in the opposite direction.  Success!  

I put these to dry.  I cut out a small circle in white card stock from a 1 1/2" circle die on The Big Shot and stamped 'Happy Birthday' from Stampin' Up' - 'We Must Celebrate' stamp set.  I left this to dry too.  They are stamped with dye inks which dry pretty quick but there is always the chance of a smudge so leaving your stamping to dry for a short period is advisable.  I then put the whole card base into the stamping positioner and stamped a small red heart in each corner (this stamp is one from my stash and I think it came with my Mason Jar stamp/die set but I cannot be certain).  I put a bit of Wink of Stella on each heart just to add a bit of sparkle to the card.  I then put the sentiment onto some foam pieces and adhered this to the card front.

Back to the flying piggies, I used my Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens to colour both pigs.  I am not an expert at colouring with alcohol pens but I am improving slowly.  I then adhered the pigs together with wet glue ensuring that the thread was vertically through the middle of them.  (TOP TIP - Have a long piece of thread, you can always cut away but you cannot add!) I added a glue dot to both fabric hearts and positioned them together with the thread going through the centre.  I pinched them together between my thumb and finger to ensure the glue dots adhered well.  When I was happy that everything was glued well and dry, it was then that I cut the end of the colourless thread.  

My project was complete!

Please leave a comment because I would love to know what you think about my project.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! Love the spinning element and I think your coloring is wonderful. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...