Sunday 4 February 2018

Full House

Full House Birthday Card


My friend Karen got me a bag full of playing cards of all sizes for 30p from 'The Recycle Yard'The Recycle Yard.  So I thought I would try and make a card from them.  So first I took a 4x4" white card base from my stash and the found a red piece of corrugated card in my scrap box which would fit with a little bit of trimming on my trimmer.  I adhered this with strong 'Red Sticky Tape' because of the back of this layer not being flat.  

I then sorted out 6 of the smaller playing cards that had all the same printed pattern on the back and arranged these on top of the red corrugated card, again I put 'Red Sticky Tape' onto the cards so that they were not going to fall off.  Then I wanted a set of cards that meant something.  I am not a very good cards player so I had to look up on the internet some good hands.  I eventually went with 'A Full House' with  3 Kings and 2 Aces.  I put 'Red Sticky Tape' on the reverse of all these cards and as I put them on the front of the card I fanned them out as you would hold them in your hand.  

Now for the sentiment, I stamped Happy Birthday from Stampin' Up 'Perennial Birthday' Stamp set.  I love this stamp because it is a big clear sentiment stamp.  I trimmed it down on my trimmer and then cut a banner into one end.  This I adhered this onto the card and my project was finished!

Please leave a comment because I would love to know what you think about my project.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...