Thursday 22 February 2018

Large Stamped Butterfly

Large Stamped Butterfly


My submission for the Retro Rubber Theme Challenge #rrcb80 (dots or circles) is below.


Firstly, I am unable to say how old this stamp is but it was in the Art Resource cupboard at my Hospice and when I was there I asked if I could borrow the stamp - I was told this has been here years and no one has ever used it so take it.  So now it has a home with me, so although no age it is definitely older than 1 year.  

So I cut an A2 side landscape side opening Black card stock, cut a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) in Grey with different coloured circles (Grey, Black, White, Dark Grey, Light Grey and White) of all sizes on it.  This was cut to leave a 1/4" border all around in black initially.  

Next I cut three pieces of White card stock all the same size.  The size would leave a 1/4" border at the right and left hand side of the Grey DSP and 1/8" border at the top and bottom edge.  Onto these I stamped the butterfly whole on two and on the third I stamped half the butterfly (this was for the inside of the card).  One of the two whole butterflies, I adhered directly on top of the (DSP).  The other I fussy cut out around the wings (cutting off the antennae); this one was adhered body only on top of the whole butterfly.  The large black parts of the butterfly's wings are covered in Wink of Stella to give the butterfly a bit of glimmer.  

To complete the card I stamped the greeting 'Thank You' in the bottom right hand side and part of the butterfly was stamped on the right hand side of the envelope to tie this in with the card.   My project was then finished!

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, the pop-out and the monochrome is just stunning. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, I could not decide what colour to create it in so monochrome seemed the best. I have not been able to join in previously because I am a fairly new crafter and have only recently ordered red rubber stamps.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful stamp! I'm so happy that it found a home with you. Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you'll be back in our gallery soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie,
      I am glad to give such a wonderful stamp a good home too, I want to do more projects with it in colour now too. :O)

      Delete
  3. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Creative Lady,
      I will try and find more older red rubber stamps but as I am a fairly new stamper I have only newly purchased stamps. :O)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous butterfly! She certainly qualifies as Retro with a history like that. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan,
      I am glad you called her a 'she' too, because I think she is a 'she' because she is beautiful but that does not happen in the natural world normally does it? :O)

      Delete
  5. Lorraine, I'm so happy you gave a home to this beautiful butterfly stamp and that you played along with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Love the monochromatic look of this card and the awesome dimension you gave your image by stamping it twice and fussy cutting it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria for these kind comments and feed back. I hope to join in again too. :O)

      Delete
  6. What a clever idea Lorraine I shall use this stamping up method

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...