Friday 18 May 2018

Beautiful Butterflies

Beautiful Butterflies

The Paper Players Card Challenge PP393 is a Colour Challenge #393 to use the colours below:


My card design using colours as similar to that above as possible is photographed below:


I trimmed a White card stock card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") and another White card stock layer (5 5/8 x 4").  The layer I ran through my Big Shot in a embossing folder which has flowers and butterflies on it.  This I adhered to the card base with foam pads.

I then looked through my craft stash to find card stock representing the colours above (Hello Honey, Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie) as near as possible.  I took (x4) different sized butterfly framelits and die cut these on the Big Shot in these coloured card stock pieces.  I also cut the same butterflies shapes in coloured Vellum that I had.  (I have been trying to use Vellum in my card designs as much as possible because I have in the past found it difficult to use.)  I put a little bit of wet glue on the Vellum down the butterflies bodies and adhered the card stock butterflies dies on top.  I left these to dry.

Then I sliced up some foam pads into thin strips to add to the back of the butterflies so that they would be off the dry embossed card stock layer.  I added pearls down the bodies of the card stock butterflies and covered both the Vellum and the coloured card stock butterflies with Wink of Stella to give it some shimmer!

From my Stampin' Up "Colour Me Happy" Card Kit I had a 'Oh Hello' sentiment left over so I layered this onto some green card stock and added strips of foam pads to the back of this and put this at the top right-hand corner of the card.

Inside the card I adhered some more butterflies and when I know who I am going to send this card to I will stamp another sentiment e.g. Happy Birthday etc.

To complete the project, I adhered (x2) die cut butterflies onto the front of the envelope to continue the theme. I was happy with my project now.  So I finished off by stamping the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the duckling delivering the envelope image which I hope helps the recipient of my card realise that they are not getting a bill! 

I would love to know what you think of my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)

7 comments:

  1. Butterflies are always a treat on a card and yours are just so vibrant that they seem to be swooping around the page. Lovely use of the colours! I do like your trick with the envelope too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, I love butterflies too perhaps that is why I have quite a few different dies available in my craft stash now. The colours chosen for this challenge definitely fit well to show the butterflies off and the Wink of Stella gives that colour glimmer too. My recipients have commented on this too, thank you. x

      Delete
  2. Your colorful butterflies are gorgeous, Lorraine! I agree with Jan, they certainly are floating around your card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you stampwithsandy for your comments. I love the challenges at The Paper Players but don't always get an entry in because my chemotherapy is on a Friday and I don't always feel up to it. The colours I think helped this week. x

      Delete
  3. So happy you joined my color challenge at The Paper Players this week! All those colorful butterflies are gorgeous! I love the embossed background, too! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments Claire, I loved the colours you chose for this week's challenge. They fit really well for my butterfly dies and yes I was luckily enough to have a butterfly embossing folder too that I was gifted as a birthday present if I remember rightly from a dear friend who knows that butterflies and owls are two of my most favourite critters as I call them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jaydee from The Paper Players for choosing my card as a 'Headliner' for this colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...