Thursday 17 May 2018

CASEd but not CASEd!

CASEd but not CASEd!



This card was created by Stampin' Up in the 2017-2018 Catalogue.  To CASE means to Copy, And Share Everything.  As I looked at the image I realised that I was going to have some problems with this challenge, for a start I do not have the floral stamp image or the stamp blobs or the stamp sentiment!  I also did not have inks that were the ones used by Stampin' Up for this project.  I did though have Green card stock, Wood Textures DSP and Silver Washi Tape. 

So I decided to CASE this card as close as I could with what I had in my craft stash. Below is the photograph of my card that I submitted for the challenge. 


So first of all I cut a Green card stock card base (6 x 4"), a DSP/patterned paper layer from Stampin' Up 'Wood Textures DSP' (5 1/2 x 3 1/2") and a White piece of card stock (5 1/8 x 3 3/8") for the image to be stamped on.  

Now for the stamping, I used my stamping tool so that I had the opportunity to stamp multiple times if I needed to.  First of all I stamped a floral image (A Tiger Lily) on the White card stock in Memento Black Ink.  Then I used a splurge stamp image from Stampin' Up 'Beautiful You' stamp set to stamp the three areas of colour.  The coloured inks used were Memento Dewdrop Sweet Plum, Teal and Bamboo Green.  I stamped the sentiment in Memento Black Ink "WOW YOU'RE INCREDIBLE!" from Stampin' Up "My Hero" stamp set.

I found a piece of Black (1/8") ribbon and a roll of Silver Washi tape.  Now to assemble the card.  The White card stock was adhered on an angle onto the Wood Texture DSP with double sided tape.  Two pieces of the Silver Washi tape were torn off and adhered at the top and the bottom of the White card stock.  The Black ribbon was secured at the back of the Wood Textured DSP and then brought to the front and a small bow was tied to the left-hand side of the card.  To give the card some dimension I put foam pads at the back of the Wood Texture DSP and then this was adhered to the card base.

To complete the project, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and a duckling delivering an envelope image so that the recipient of this card would know that it was not a bill!  This finished my project completely.  I would love to know what you think of my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...