Thursday 31 May 2018

The Lady in Plaid

The Lady in Plaid



My entry for LeAnne's Sketch Challenge is photographed below:


To create my card design I first cut a White card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8"), then in my prepared patterned paper I found a piece of multi-coloured plaid (5 6/8 x 3 7/8"); this was adhered with double sided tape straight to the card base leaving a small border.  

Then from my scraps folders I found a piece of Black card stock that I could cut down to (4 x 2 1/2") and another piece (3 1/4 x 1 1/4") to go horizontally.  The plaid pattern was also cut to go on top of the black card stock (3 1/4 x 1").  These two pieces were adhered using double sided tape.  I die cut a red circle (2 1/2"), an white oval (2 3/4 x 2"), a gold sunburst (2") and a white circle (1 3/4").  That is all that needed die cutting.

Next I stamped the lady from Stampin' Up "Beautiful You" onto the white oval and also onto a spare piece of plaid patterned paper.  I then cut out the dress and hat from the patterned paper and with wet glue adhered these to the stamped image.  I cut (x2) black lace (4 x 1/2") and with double sided tape I adhered these to the vertical sides of the largest black card stock.  On the white circle I stamped the sentiment "Enjoy the Simple Things" from Stampin' Up "Botanical Gardens" stamp set.  I also stamped (x3) red hearts from Stampin' Up "Heart Happiness".  On this sentiment I added a pearl that I had coloured with one of my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker Pens.  

Now the card had to be put together.  The oval was adhered with foam pads to the black card stock to give the card dimension.  The red circle was adhered flat to the black card stock next.  Then I adhered the black card stock strip with the plaid on top.  Finally, I added the sunburst gold circle with the sentiment also on foam pads.

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the duckling delivering the mail. This image is to let the recipient of the card know that they have not a bill!  This finished my project.  I would appreciate feedback on this project please, thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)




8 comments:

  1. The paper piecing in tartan looks good! Love the way you've layered up the sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan for your feedback on my project this week. x

      Delete
  2. Fabulous paper piecing, Lorraine! Such a fresh and modern card. Thanks so much for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy for your feedback on this week's project for The Paper Players. x

      Delete
  3. Love the plaid and the paper piecing. Such a classy card that anyone would love to receive! Thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann for your feedback on my project this week. I love paper piercing especially on this particular image. I am so glad you think anyone would love to receive this card as I set myself a card challenge in January 2018 to see how many of my handmade cards I could send out to family and friends in a year. At present I am over a 100 and more and more family and friends are asking to join in and receive one of my cards. x

      Delete
  4. This is amazing paper piecing! What a fashionista your lovely lady is! Thanks so much for playing with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeAnne for your feedback on my project for this week's sketch challenge. x

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...