Thursday 31 May 2018

One Wild Ride - A4 One Sheet Wonder

One Wild Ride - A4 One Sheet Wonder 

For the Stampin FOR ALL Facebook group #stampinforall Vicky Thompson set the DT Challenge (21st May 2018) of 'One Sheet Wonder'.  I wanted to make some masculine cards for my card stash, I decided to a 'One Sheet Wonder' but the Stampin' Up 'One Wild Ride' stamp set does not have any patterned paper that goes with it.  (This was designed by the Stampin' Up demonstrator Dawn Griffiths) So I stamped all the stamps from the set in Black Memento Ink on to the piece of white A4 card stock.  I then went onto YouTube to try and find a crafter who had done a 'One Sheet Wonder' tutorial using a sheet of A4 card stock.  I found Michelle Last who's tutorial is called "One Sheet Wonder Blooms & Wishes from Stampin' Up!' Michelle's blog page has the diagram for how to cut the card stock into 7 pieces that are suitable for making up 7 different cards.  


So I cut up my stamped A4 piece of white card stock as the diagram above instructed and collected (x7) White card bases (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") and corresponding envelopes.  I then die cut (x7) motorbikes in black card stock from a die that had been gifted to me by a crafter called Karen Camposano.  So to put the cards together I had the cut up A4 stamped card stock, die cut motorbikes, silver embossed card stock, more black card stock for layering and silver Washi tape. 


Some of the elements of the card were adhered with double sided tape and some such as the dies with wet glue.  Inside the cards I stamped the tyre track mark and I repeated this on the bottom of all the envelopes as well.  At the top left-hand corner of each envelope, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail.  This helps the recipients of these cards to know that they are not receiving a bill!

I really enjoyed my first 'One Sheet Wonder' and I ended up with 7 fabulous masculine cards for any occasion.   I would love to know what you think of my card, please leave me some feedback.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...