Thursday 31 May 2018

Walk Like an Egyptian

Walk Like an Egyptian

Stamp with Joy FaceBook Group has a weekly card challenge for its crafty members.  This week is week 22 and it is a Sketch Challenge as shown below:


My entry for this week's challenge is shown below:


I have the past week been trying to concentrate on designing masculine cards because I generally find these more difficult to create.   For my entry I first cut a Kraft card stock card base (5 5/8 x 4 1/8").  I cut a layer of Black card stock (5 1/2 x 4") which was adhered straight to the front panel of the Kraft card base using double sided tape.  I found in my craft stash a selection of Egyptian patterned paper, images and borders.  So I cut up a piece of the Teal blue patterned paper to layer over the black card stock (5 5/16 x 3 7/8").  I used the borders to create the bottom half of the design.  I die cut a (2") black card stock circle and punched a (1 1/2") scalloped image to go on top of this.  The scalloped image was put on foam pads to give dimension to the card.  

To create the flowers, I used a flower punch, punching out (x3) flowers from the black patterned paper and (x3) from the gold patterned paper.  The flowers were then placed in the palm of my hand and I used a stylus to break the fibres of the card stock; making the sides of the flower shapes go upwards. The two different coloured flowers were adhered together with wet glue and adhered to the left-hand side of the scalloped image.  I put a medium-sized pearl into the centre of each of the flowers.  

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling holding the envelope.  This helps the recipient/s of this card to know that they are not receiving a bill!

I would love to know what you think of my card project, please leave me some feedback, thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...