Thursday 22 February 2018

A Little Crafty Card

A Little Crafty Card


I wanted to submit a card design to the Paper Players Clean & Simple Theme Challenge (PP381) - 'Use a sewing related item'.  My card design is below.


From my craft stash I got an A2 White card base with matching envelope.  Also from my stash I found a stamp of a pin cushion and a smaller stamp with a button, a press stud and three cross stitches. I flattened the card base and masked off the back.  Then I stamped the pin cushion randomly over the front of the card base in black Memento ink.  I then stamped the other image in between these images to fill up the spaces.  Whilst I had the ink out, I stamped the button image inside the card panel and on the envelope too to tie it in with the theme of the card.

I cut a thin Black piece of card stock and adhered this down the centre of the front panel so that the stamped images were still able to be seen.  Onto this panel using wet glue I adhered a number of different sewing images (which I had in my craft stash) e.g. a sewing machine, scissors and spools of thread etc.  At the base of the Black card stock panel I adhered a sentiment 'Best Wishes'.  My project was then finished!

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

6 comments:

  1. Lorraine, don't you just love it when you find the perfect stamps in your stash! Such a fun card filled with sewing goodies! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire,
      I could not believe that I had these stamps and creative stickers. I must of purchased them quite a while ago, but thought 'what a find' when I found them. :O)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful collection of sewing-related goodies - the perfect centrepiece for your topical card. love your stamped background too. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne,
      I found these in my craft stash and could not believe that I had them. I thought I was going to struggle with this theme related challenge but no and now I have a great card for one of my crafty friends too. :O)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic use of stamping up and embellishments Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for your feedback on this card. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...