Thursday 22 February 2018

Friends Fur-ever

Friends Fur-ever

It is Week 8 -  Stamping for Joy's Face Book Group's Sketch Challenge.  The sketch we have been working from is below.  


My design using this sketch uses the Stampin' Up stamp set 'We Must Celebrate' and this is below.


To create my project I first cut an A2 sized top folding White card base.  Then I cut a piece of Black card stock to leave a 1/8" border.  This border size was repeated with a piece of Crushed Curry card stock.  But with this card stock I put it in my score board and scored every 1/8" from the top to half way down.  Then I adhered flat with my snail adhesive the Black card stock to the card base and the same with the Crushed Curry card stock (but ensuring that the raised score marks were on the outside).  Then I cut a piece of Black card stock with again a 1/8" border to than of the Crushed Curry card stock and adhered this to the bottom section of the card base.  For some colour and pattern, I got a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from my craft stash and cut this with a 1/8" border to that of the small Black card stock and adhered this with my snail adhesive.

Now for the image.  I used an oval die from my stash and cut out a White card stock oval on the Big Shot.  On this I stamped a scene using the stamps from Stampin' Up stamp set 'We Must Celebrate' along with an additional mushroom stamp from my stamp stash.  First I stamped the Bear, then I stamped the snail in different positions above the bear's head (to look as though he was juggling the snails) and additional snail I stamped behind the bear (the bear had to be masked to stamp this).  I used the celebration streamers etc. to stamp at the top of the oval.  Finally I stamped a couple of mushrooms the other side of the bear.  

To tie the inside of the card and the envelope with the card, I stamped the snail going along the bottom of the inside panel of the card base and two snails also on the bottom of the envelope.

The image was coloured in Prismocolor Coloured Pencils and blended with Zest liquid blender and a blending tool.  I kept the colour of the streamers to the same as the the circles on the DSP to tie the image in with rest of the card.  

For the sentiment, I cut a small rectangle out of White card stock and stamped 'Friends fur-ever' along with two acorns either side which I coloured too.  

The oval was put on foam pads to give it some dimension and adhered to the card towards the left hand side.  The sentiment was also put on foam pads and adhered across the bottom of the White card stock oval.  For the final embellishments, I added Wink of Stella (a glitter pen) to all the streamers etc. at the top of the oval to create some glimmer.  Black Nuvo drops were added to the bear's eyes and nose to make them 'pop' and added Glossy Accents to the mushroom tops to make them appear 3D.  My project was then finished!

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

4 comments:

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...