Thursday 1 March 2018

Up, Up & Away!

Up, Up & Away


The Paper Players Sketch Challenge: PP382 above is the sketch I used when I was creating the design below.


So to re-create this card design you will need an A2 gold foil card base, then a piece of cloud Designer Series Paper (DSP) that is the same length as the card base but a 1/4" shorter each end on the width.  Then an additional piece of DSP to go across the cloud DSP and the card base.  I had some DSP with hot air balloons and clouds on them (it is the reverse of the cloud DSP from Stampin' Up).  

Then using a Big Shot and die, cut out a large hot air balloon in gold foil and an additional one in shiny gold card.  Push out all the excess pieces of the gold foil hot air balloon and then put double sided sticky paper onto the reverse of it.  Next lay the other cut out hot air balloon on top and with a 'pocky tool' push through the cut pieces into the gaps of the gold foil balloon.  Remove top balloon and make sure all the pieces are secure in the gaps on the sticky paper.  Add foam pads on to the back of the balloon and adhere onto the card base. 

Finally, cut out the sentiment 'For You' in the shiny gold card on the Big Shot and adhere this with wet glue to the bottom right-hand corner of the card.    The project will then be finished!

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea I like the way you used two different gold papers to enhance the Hot Air Balloon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen I didn't want to put a colour behind the balloon but wanted it to match up with the card base some how. :O)

      Delete
  2. Lorraine, Such a fun card! The clouds are perfect and I love that gold foil balloon! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, I love joining in with The Paper Players card challenges every week. :O)

      Delete
  3. The gold balloon is real show stopper! I was wondering how you'd created that effect in behind the balloon so thanks for explaining. Very dramatic and glitzy! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, I wanted the hot air balloon to be the star of the show, but also wanted it to tie in with the colour of the card base. Adding a different type of gold card created such a great effect and I have another hot air balloon in the opposite gold coloured card too for another project. :O)

      Delete
  4. Lorraine that big hot air balloon is fabulous! I love the combination of the foil papers, so striking. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Sandy, it is really important to me as I am a fairly new card crafter. :O)

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...