Sunday 4 February 2018

Thank You Card

Thank You Card



This card is for a special crafty friend to say 'Thank You' for my fabulous birthday packages full of craft products that I can use in future projects.  I have also entered this project into a colour challenge to use Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Yellow and Melon Mambo.  Inspire.Create.Challenge #010 Colour Challenge

To make this project you will need 3 x (4x4") pieces of card stock, each of which needs to be scored diagonally.  Make sure that the points meet and burnish the score line well with your bone folder.  Then position your pieces as shown on the photograph below.  



Two of the (4x4") pieces are side by side but the score lines make a triangle and the other lays on top with the score line vertical.  Make very faint pencil marks where the edges of the top square ends on the bottom squares.   I put 'Tear n Tape' on this area because I find it stronger but you can use the adhesive of your choice and I adhered the top square onto both the other squares ensuring that the score lines would still fold.  I then added a self-adhesive felcro circle to the left hand side far triangle and closed the card pieces into a Tee-pee shape this then adheres the other side of the felcro.

I then cut out clouds using white card stock with my dies on The Big Shot and stamped the hot air balloons in Daffodil Delight for the smaller one and Bermuda Bay for the larger.  I fussy cut these out and with my alcohol markers (the nearest colours to the inks used) I coloured in the balloon decorations to make them more realistic.  I then adhered all the parts to each side of the Tee-pee shape with foam pieces.  For the final embellishment I added some Wink of Stella to the pattern parts of the Hot Air Balloons.

My project is complete.  

Please leave a comment because I would love to know what you think about my project.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

4 comments:

  1. Just fabulous, Lorraine. I have made this exact style card once before, and I loved it. You have definitely enabled me to make some more! Thankyou for joining in with the inspire.create.stamping Colour Challenge #010. D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denita, for commenting on one of my projects. I am new at blogging as I am at entering card challenges but I am enjoying both. :o)

      Delete
  2. Great card Lorraine! Love this style of card too... think I tied it together with ribbon last time I did one.
    Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create.Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hannah for your comment, I am really enjoyed designing a different type of card in this style as the last one I did was a Christmas Card. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...