Thursday 17 May 2018

May Flowers

May Flowers



My design for this card challenge is photographed below:


I could not tell you how old the stamp is that I used but I have been crafting for over a year now and I was gifted this by a lady who was giving up card crafting.  So it seemed ideal for this week's theme challenge.

Initially I cut a card stock base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") from a White card stock which has a Lilac flower lined pattern on it.  I then cut a layer from Lilac card stock (5 4/8 x 3 3/4") and also a piece of White card stock (5 3/8 x 3 4/8").  Whilst the trimmer was out I also trimmed a piece of the Lilac scrap card stock (5 3/8 x 1/2") and a piece of Teal card stock (2 1/2 x 1/2") for the sentiment. 

Now for the stamping, I used my stamping tool because I could stamp a 2nd time if the image wasn't strong enough.  I stamped in Stampin' Up 'Real Grey' ink all over the White card stock in no particular pattern and even over the edges.  Then allowed this piece to dry a little.  I stamped the sentiment in the same grey ink "CELEBRATE" and put this to one side.  

Now for some colour, I used my  Arteza Watercolour Marker pens to put some colour onto the edges of the petals and then with my Aqua pen draw the ink into the flower image creating blending of the colour.  I used different shades of Purple/Lilac for the flowers and used the darkest of the pens for the middles. The only other colour used was a Yellow pen for the centres of the flowers.  I then left this to dry a little.  

I cut a piece of Cream lace (5 3/8") and adhered this to the Lilac card stock strip with double sided tape.  The flower images were adhered to the Lilac card stock layer using double sided tape as it is stronger when card stock may have warped with the use of watercolours and water.  The Lilac card stock strip was adhered across the centre of the top layer horizontally; again with double sided tape.  The sentiment was adhered to the centre of this strip as well.  To give the card some depth the Lilac card stock layer was adhered to the card base using foam pads.  

I added (x5) purple sequins with wet glue and put lilac rhinestones inside the sequins as well.  This completed the project apart from the envelope.  On the top left-hand corner I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" along with a duckling delivering an envelope image.  This helps the recipient of my card to know that they have not got a bill!  Now my project was complete.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O) 



6 comments:

  1. I love the way you've coloured your gorgeous blooms! Your all-over patterning looks so even and well-spaced. Great job. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, the stamping tool definitely helps with positioning of the stamp image on the card stock.

      Delete
  2. WOW!! great job in getting those pretty flowers all lined up so perfectly, love the colors you chose for them.
    Thank you for playing along with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria, as I mentioned to Jan the stamping tool helps with the positioning of the stamp image and the colours are part of my new set of Arteza Watercolour marker pens which I am just getting used to using. I am watching lots of artists' video tutorials on YouTube such as Sandy Allnock for tips on the best way to use these.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I really love the colors for your pretty floral stamps! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie for your feedback on my card design. The ARTEZA pens have got some beautiful colours available in their sets. I definitely will be joining you all again very shortly. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...