Thursday 17 May 2018

Bounty of Butterflies

Bounty of Butterflies



My card design using this sketch is photographed below:


So to start off with I created a Vanilla card stock base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") and another piece of  Vanilla card stock (5 3/8 x 4").  This piece I dry embossed in the Big Shot with the Stampin' Up 'Layered Leaves' Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and then adhered it straight to the card base using double sided tape. 

Then on the trimmer, I cut a piece of Green DSP/Patterned Paper (5 1/8 x 2 3/4") into a large rectangle.  I cut three smaller rectangles out of a Flower and Green patterned papers (3 1/2 x 7/8"), a Red Spotty patterned paper (3 7/8 x 1 1/4") and a Butterfly patterned paper (3 3/4 x 1 1/2").  On one end of each rectangle I flagged it creating (x3) banners.  I adhered the banners onto the embossed layer using double sided tape as shown in the sketch and the same with the largest rectangle too.  I had a small piece of the Flower patterned paper left over so I created another banner (3 1/2 x 1 1/8") and adhered this at the bottom of inside the card.  

I still wasn't happy with the card so I went to look in my craft stash for a sentiment.  I found a banner 'THANK YOU" sentiment that was ideal for this project and I adhered this diagonally at the bottom right-hand corner of the large Green rectangle.  I decided I needed an image/s of some sort, so I went looking again in my craft stash.  I came across some E-Z Transfers of some butterflies, which had been gifted to me by another crafter but I had never used before.  I read the instructions and decided to give it a go.  If it went wrong then the card would be ruined and I would have to start again.  First I transferred some flowers vertically on the Green rectangle (You lay the transfer sheet where you want the transfers and then with a wooden stick you rub gentle across the back of the acetate releasing the transfer image onto the surface of the patterned paper.  It was working well, no real problems so after the flowers I decided to use some of the butterflies because they were really detailed and beautiful.  I even put one on the banner inside the card and (x2) on the envelope too!

I was happy with my project now.  So I finished off by stamping the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the duckling delivering the envelope image which I hope helps the recipient of my card realise that they are not getting a bill!  

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...