Monday 14 May 2018

Daisy, Daisy!

Daisy, Daisy!

Stampin' FOR ALL had a Design Team Card Challenge which was to Case a project from an overseas Demonstrator 7th - 12th May 2018.  

I chose Kelly Acheson "A Stamp Above", a Stampin' Up Demonstrator from the USA.  Kelly did a video tutorial on her YouTube channel called "Rainbow of Daisies" on the 12th April 2018.  I watched Kelly's video tutorial and I tried to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) her design as much as possible but I haven't got all the resources Kelly has so a few things are different.  But generally I was happy with the final card that is photographed below:


So to create this card I first cut a Berry Burst card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8"), the I cut (x2) Vanilla card stock layers (5 5/8 x 4") and I cut a piece of Stampin' Up Wood Textures DSP/Patterned paper (5 3/8 x 3 6/8").  I then adhered one of the Vanilla pieces of card stock directly to the card base using double sided tape.

Next I stamped (x2) Daisy flower images in Stampin' Up "Berry Burst" onto some scraps of paper which was somewhat like the Berry Burst card stock colour.  Then I stamped (x2) centres for the flowers in Memento Dewdrop Rich Cocoa ink on some scraps of brown paper; these I punched out using my (1/2") circle punch.  I then cut the daisy images in half and with wet glue adhered the two halves together and then adhered the centres on too.  I added a foam pad to the back of both flower heads.  Then with the "Rich Cocoa" ink again, I stamped (x2) stems on the Wood Texture DSP and then adhered the flower heads.  I used the same ink to stamp the sentiment "Thank You" inside the card.  I stamped a different flower head image in "Berry Burst" inside the card.  This flower head was also stamped on the front of the envelope with a green stem stamped in Memento Dewdrop "Bamboo Leaves" ink.   Using the "Rich Cocoa" ink again, I stamped the sentiment "Your thoughtfulness brightened my day" on some scrap Vanilla card stock; this I die cut using an (2 x 1 1/4") oval die. I stamped the 3 flower image under the sentiment.  I cut another oval using some scrap Berry Burst like card stock.   This was cut in half and layered behind the sentiment.  These two pieces were adhered together using double sided tape and put on foam pads for the completion of the card.

I cut some lace (1/4") and I adhered this to the lower half of the Wood Textured patterned paper.  Now I put the card together.  The Vanilla layer was adhered to the Berry Burst card stock with double sided tape.  The Wood Texture DSP/patterned paper was adhered to the Vanilla layer.  The oval sentiment was then adhered over the lace.  The other piece of Vanilla card stock was adhered inside the card with double sided tape.




That completed the front and inside the card.  Next I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.  I also stamped the image of a duck delivering an envelope there too. This helps the recipient of my cards know that they are not receiving a BILL and completed my card!

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...