Monday 14 May 2018

Have An Owlsome Day!

Have An Owlsome Day!

Stamp with Joy had a Sketch Challenge (Week 19) last week which finished on Sunday 14th May 2018.  The sketch was as set out below:


My card created using this sketch is as photographed below: 


Initially I decided to have my design horizontally rather than vertically because of how the pieces fit together on the card base.  So to create this card I first cut a Dark Green card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8"), then I cut the leaf patterned card/paper (5 1/2 x 4") which was adhered straight to the card base using double sided tape.  I then trimmed a piece of Light Green card stock (3 x 3") and a piece of Green Patterned Vellum (3 1/4 x 3 1/4").  I adhered the Light Green card stock straight to the leaf patterned card with double sided tape.  The vellum was adhered just at the very top using wet glue (so that it would not be seen).  

Using my Big Shot I die cut a stitched rectangle in a Light Brown card stock.  Then I cut the banner into one end.  This was adhered using foam pads onto top of the vellum.  Next I die cut a (2 1/2") circle out of Green card stock which I adhered the scalloped image onto (2 1/4") (This was gifted to me by Nina Tanner).  The image was then popped up with foam pads onto the Vellum and the Banner.  Finally for the front of the card I found a sentiment in my craft stash (1 3/4 x 3/4") which said "HAVE AN OWLSOME DAY!"

There was another image of these three owls on an oval shape (3 1/4 x 2 1/4") (this also had been gifted to me by Nina Tanner) so I carried on the theme and adhered this inside the card.  Because the card base was Dark Green I also put a piece of white card stock (4 1/8 x 2 1/2") inside the card for the greeting to be written on.  



Next I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.  I also stamped the image of a duck delivering an envelope there too. This helps the recipient of my cards know that they are not receiving a BILL and completed my card!

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...