Thursday 26 July 2018

Chick, Chick, Chicken ...

Chick, Chick, Chicken ...



I have had this Stampin' Up stamp set 'Hey Chick' for over a year it was  in last years SU catalogue 2017-2018 and it has been retired and is not in the new catalogue.  So I felt that these critters needed to be given another outing.  Below is my submission photographed: 


There is actually old and new on my project, the stamp set is old and the dynamic embossing folder is new.  I have just recently purchased the Stampin' Up 'Hexagon' Dynamics Embossing Folder and felt it was ideal for this design to look like chicken wire used to make chicken runs.  

I stamped all the critters in the stamp set using the masking technique for a couple of them.  I stamped the little egg inside the card with the sentiment "you're a good egg".  I also stamped eight of this egg image along the bottom of the envelope.  Also on the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of a duckling delivering an envelope.  (This helps the recipient recognise that they are not getting a bill.)  On a (1 1/4") circle I stamped the sentiment "Just For You"; this completed all the stamping necessary.   The critters were coloured in with my Prismocolor Pencils and so was the sentiment on the circle.  

I adhered the images onto a white card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") with strong double sided tape and the embossing folder I cut along the hexagon shapes to create a zig-zag edge top and bottom.  These two parts were adhered onto the card front with Scotch thick foam tape to give the card depth and dimension.  The circular sentiment was adhered to the bottom section of the embossing using foam pads.  

If you enjoyed this project as much as I did making it, please leave me some feedback/comments, thank you.

Until next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! The chicken wire/hexagon folder is inspired both because it fits thematically but also is a great way of interpreting the scallop edge in the sketch. Nice masking and good design. Thank you for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan for your positive feedback it is always appreciated. :O) xx

      Delete
  2. So cute! I love the hexagon embossing folder with nature cards, too. Those chickens are adorable! Great card!! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie for your feedback about my lovely chicks. :O) xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...