Wednesday 25 July 2018

Memories & More

Memories & More



Initially I wasn't quite sure what to do for this sketch challenge, so I looked through my stamp file and then my dies.  It wasn't until I had started to look for the folder which holds my white card stock card bases that I found my new box of Stampin' Up Delightfully Detailed Memories & More Card Pack.  I flicked through these cards and found a couple that I liked a lot in Blackberry Bliss and Whisper White.  So I thought I would give it a go.


A white card stock card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8").  The spotty layer (5 5/8 x 3 7/8"); I had to cut down the smaller card pieces to (2 1/4 x 1 1/2") so that I left a good margin around them.  I adhered these onto the layer using double sided tape.  I then looked in my ribbon stash and found one which was a very similar colour to that of Blackberry Bliss; I laid a strip across the middle of the patterned cards and this was secured at the back of the spotty layer.  Before the bow was made I adhered the spotty layer to the card base with strong double sided tape.  I tied a bow out of the remaining ribbon and adhered this to the strip of ribbon using the same strong double sided tape.  

Now for a sentiment and embellishment.  Inside the Memories & More Card Pack is a selection of sentiment stickers; this 'thanks' matched the colour scheme of my project.  I used two small flower punches to punch out flowers from the scraps of card that I had trimmed off.  I adhered these with a small glue dot underneath and then I put a small rhinestone in the centre of each flower.  

Inside the card, to extend the theme I adhered a tiny strip of the spotty layer (which had been trimmed off) to the inside fold and glued one each of the designs of the punched flowers into the top right-hand corner.  

On the envelope I glued one each of the punched flowers onto the bottom left-hand corner and then stamped the sentiment 'Happy Mail' and the duckling delivering the mail in the top left-hand corner.  This helps the recipient of this card know that they are getting something nice to look at rather than a bill!

Thank you for joining me in this blog post, if you have enjoyed reading about my project please leave me some feedback/comments.  Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...