Thursday 26 July 2018

Nature Blooms

Nature Blooms

This project on this blog post will cover the criteria for two different card challenges; this was not purposefully done but it is useful because it means I have one less card to make.  (Especially since I have chemotherapy tomorrow morning.)  



So I hope you can easily see why these two challenges can be covered by one project.  My project is photographed below: 


I created this project on a white card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8").  The layer was a piece of white card stock (5 5//8 x 3 7/8") which was put through the Big Shot in the Stampin' Up 'Petal Leaves' embossing folder; this was then adhered to the card base with double sided tape.

Next I cut some blue foam (5 x 3") and some blue vellum to the same size.  I rounded two opposite corners and drew white stitches on the vellum with a white gel pen.  I adhere the foam to the embossing layer with strong double side tape and the vellum was adhered to the foam with small glue dots one in each corner.  

I then cut some burlap (1 x 3 1/4") and put pennants at both ends creating a banner.  This was adhered using double side tape too.  The I adhered the sunburst circle with the floral image into the middle of the burlap.  

Now back to the Big Shot, I used a variety of small flower dies and leaves too, to cut out different shapes in pink, purple, green and some blue foam.  These were then arranged on the card front and adhered with wet glue.  I put a heavy acetate block on top whilst this was drying.  

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail; this ensures that the recipient of this card knows that it is something nice rather than a bill!

If you have enjoyed this blog post, please leave me some feedback or comments please.  I love the fact that other crafters and friends are coming to see what projects I am making.  If there is anything particular you would like to see; let me know.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...