Sunday 29 July 2018

My Favourite Things

My Favourite Things

SU! Only Challenges (SUOC204) this week is to create a card/3D object with your favourite Stampin' Up products.  So 'My Favourite Things' are incorporated in my project photographed below:


So my new favourite colour by Stampin' Up is 'Highland Heather' so I started by creating a card base using this card stock (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8").  I then put a second piece of Highland Heather card stock (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") through the Big Shot in my favourite embossing folder presently which is "Basket Weave" (I was so pleased that this was carried over into the catalogue from the Sale-A-Bration.  I next used my favourite DSP (Wood Textures) cut at (4 x 2") and punched 4 holes at each corner and inserted a brad (So glad that Stampin' Up have brought back the brads!)  I stamped with my favourite stamp "Delightful Daisy" - stamping the daisy head (x3) in Highland Heather ink in my Stamparatus of course (another of my favourite pieces of crafting equipment from SU.  I punched these out using the Daisy Punch (love my punches!!!!) and also punched out Vellum leaves using the Leaf Punch (from the Painted with Harvest stamp set).  In the Delightful Daisy stamp set there is a very cute stamp with three little daisies on it, I stamped this inside the bottom of the white card stock to extent the theme of the front panel and also along the bottom of the envelope too.  On the envelope I also stamped the sentiment 'Happy Mail' and the duckling delivering the mail so that the recipient of this card knows it is not a bill!

Now to put the project pieces together.  The ribbon is tied in a decorative know around the Wood Texture DSP and the Basket weaved dry embossed card stock.  The daisy petals are joined with glue dots and a gem is added to the centre as well.  When all the components are in the correct places; the final embellishment I put on my project are some Nuvo drops matching my card stock of choice today.

Thank you for joining me in my blog post, I hope that you enjoyed reading what my favourite Stampin' Up products are at present.  I could have gone on and on because I love all the Stampin' Up products.  Please leave me comments or feedback if you feel them appropriate.  

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


2 comments:

  1. So glad to see the brads in use! Great combination of elements. So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julia for your feedback. I love my brads I would use them more in my projects if I could. I love the SUO challenges. :O) xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...