Sunday 29 July 2018

Rainbows and Butterflies

Rainbows and Butterflies



I was really excited to see the Theme of this week's challenge because I love both these; especially butterflies.  So below is my project I created for the challenge:


 So to create my project I initially trimmed some Vanilla card stock (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored 4 1/8") to create a card base.  I trimmed a second and a third layer in Vanilla too (5 5/8 x 3 7/8").  On the second layer I coloured strips of colour in Rainbow order (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet) using my Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens.  On the third Vanilla card stock layer I die cut (x4) different butterfly shapes on the Big Shot.  (The most difficult part of this project up to now was poking all the little pieces out of the butterflies' dies!)

I then immersed the die cut butterflies one by one into the Versamark and covered them in Copper embossing powder and heat set these.  If there was little bits of embossing missing I used my Versamark pen just to touch up these parts and repeated the embossing powder and heat setting again.  I love this copper embossing powder and the butterfly die cuts looked amazing in it.  I then found a sentiment "Just For You" in my Stampin' Up "Butterfly Blooms" stamp set and with Black Versamark ink I stamped this at the top of the third layer of Vanilla card stock.  

Whilst this ink was out I stamped the butterfly from 'Butterfly Blooms' inside the card base and on the bottom of the envelope to extend the theme of my project to these areas.  I also stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the envelope so that the recipient knows that they are getting something nice to look at.  

The rainbow layered piece of card stock was adhered to the card front and the die cut layer was adhered using dimensionals.  The butterflies were adhered with wet glue just at their bodies so that their wings were free from the card stock.

This completed my project, thank you for coming to read this blog page of mine if you have comments or feedback I would appreciate it if you would leave these below.  Thank you again, till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O) 


2 comments:

  1. Love the gold on your butterflies, and the jewel colors you used in the background, they are beautiful. Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely feedback - Creative Lady xx :O)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...