Sunday 29 July 2018

Thank You for Abstract Impressions

Thank You for Abstract Impressions

This project is going to cover two different card challenges as it meets the criteria for both.  Firstly, it is going to be part of the Global Design Project Challenge (#GPD148) which is 'CASE the designer Connie Collins.  



So my project for these two challenges is photographed below:


So to create my project I firstly trimmed a "Merry Merlot" card stock card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8").  I then trimmed a "Mossy Meadow" card stock layer (5 5/8 x 3 7/8"), a further "Grey Granite" card stock layer (5 3/5 x 3 5/8") and a White card stock layer (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") for the inside of the card.  

Using the Stampin' Up stamp set "Abstract Impressions" I stamped my own DSP on the Grey Granite card stock layer using one of the flower stamps (which is a 2-step stamp) and one of leaf stamps (which is also a 2-step stamp).  I stamped off the ink of the first stamped image and used second generation ink for the image and then when stamping on the top with the second stamp I stamped at full strength of ink colour.  I used "Merry Merlot" for the flowers and "Mossy Meadow" for the leaves.  I also stamped an image of this flower inside the card and on the bottom of the envelope to extend the theme of the project.  I had already die cut a circular pattern for the front of the card in white card stock but I then used the Stampin' Up "Starburst" punch to punch out a circular shape for the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment "Thank you" which is part of the "Abstract Impressions" set  into the centre of the "Starburst" white card stock in Black Versamark Ink.  Whilst the ink was out I stamped "Happy Mail" and the image of a duckling delivering the mail on the front of the envelope.  This helps the recipient of the card know it is not a bill!

The card just needed putting together now.  The (1") ribbon was put around the 1st and 2nd layer of card stock and secured behind before these layers were adhered to the card base.  The die cut was then adhered with wet glue over the top of the Starburst punched sentiment.  The final embellishment was to add a single pearl to the end of the word 'Thank' in the sentiment.  This completed my project.

I hope you enjoyed finding out about how my project came together and will leave me comments or feedback if you think it is appropriate.  Thank you for coming to my blog page and this post and until next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O) 



2 comments:

  1. What a great CASE! I'm so glad you joined us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Broni, I love it when a project comes together. :O) xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...