Sunday 29 July 2018

Magical Mermaid

Magical Mermaid

Kelly Acheson (A Stamp Above), a Stampin' Up Demonstrator made a YouTube video tutorial on July 20th 2018 called 'Sea of Textures'.  On this video tutorial she set a challenge to use the same card sketch that she had just used to create her project and create one of our own and to send it to her via email.

This is my project photographed below:


Initially I started off with a white card stock card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") and I cut a Night of Navy layer (5 5/8 x 3 7/8").  Next I found a piece of patterned paper in my craft stash that was in a water colour pack; this particular piece looked liked under the sea.  I cut this into (x3) (5 x 1") and put them into my stamp positioning tool butt up together.  I stamped in black Memento ink the sea bed, the seaweed and the bubbles whilst the pieces were all together.  Then I took them out of the stamp positioning tool and adhered them to the layer of Night of Navy card stock with a (1/4") gap between each of them.  

I then stamped another set of seaweed on some scrap white card stock as well as the mermaid.  These I then coloured with my inks and an Aqua pen and left to dry.  I then cut another piece of Night of Navy card stock (2 1/4 x 1") for the sentiment.  I punched a ribbon hole in each end with the new Stampin' Up Trio punch and then used my embossing buddy and stamped the sentiment "Have a Magical Birthday" in Versamark and covered this with copper embossing powder and heat set it.  

The mermaid was dry now so I covered her tail in Wink of Stella and added rhinestones to her hair.  The seaweed I adhered inside the card.  I then stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" in black Versamark ink on the envelope along with the image of the duckling delivering the envelope so that the recipient of this card will know it is not a bill!  I also stamped a silhouette image of a mermaid in the bottom left-hand corner.  

After putting the card together, the final embellishment was to put a few rhinestones on the sandy bed and a blue rhinestone on the corner of the sentiment.  I was really pleased with how this project came out as it was the first time I had used the stamp set.    If you have any comments or feedback that you think is appropriate please feel free to place them below, thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...