Tuesday 23 January 2018

Stampin' Up - Perennial Birthday Card Kit

Perennial Birthday Project Kit


Today I have been to my Shared Craft Group (who meet every Tuesday 2 pm - 4 pm).  There I helped a fellow crafter with a birthday card for a very special birthday (60th).

I also took along my Stampin' Up Perennial Birthday Project Kit, I did read the instructions (well I browsed LOL!)  As I had my stamping positioning tool I decided to do all the stamping first which consisted of all the sentiments for all 16 cards and stamping of one of the small flowers and some leaves for 4 tags.  I do not have many Stampin' Up inks, so I used inks that were near to the colours of the projects.  

I used: Stampin' Up Stampin' Spot - Peekaboo Peach
            Memento Dewdrop  - Danube Blue
            Memento Dewdrop - Bamboo Leaves

I put together 4 cards, 1 of each design as in the photographs, with 2 exceptions.

On the Peach card I put the gold ribbon underneath the beautiful patterned die-cut accent instead of putting it on the top which was what was in the photograph and I cut the ends straight.


The on the next horizontal card, which has a blue background with gold foil dots, the instructions say to put the Baker's Twine around the middle of the card front and then secure.  Well I didn't want Baker's Twine on the inside of my card so instead I cut a piece of Baker's Twine a little longer than the gold ribbon (which had been notched at each end) and secured the Baker's Twine on the back of the ribbon with glue dots.  The the ribbon was adhered to the card stock with further glue dots.  I then constructed a bow with the Baker's Twine and adhered that to the right hand side of the card front with wet glue.


The 2 vertical cards I don't think I changed at all (if you see anything that is different from the cards illustrated on pages 16 and 17 of the Stampin' Up Spring/Summer 2018 Catalogue then please let me know.  




Now I have 3 more card bases of each design left and all the embellishments, I think now I am going to do some changes and see how these compare to the designs provided for us crafters in the Instruction Booklet.  Keep looking on my blog, because I will post these other designs as I complete them.  Its my birthday tomorrow, so there may not be much crafting going on!  

Till next time - keep crafting!  :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...