Sunday 18 February 2018

Myths & Magic

Myths & Magic



This is the swatch that I took to create my project from the MFTs Colour Challenge #87.


In my stash I had a 4x4" White card base, so I cut a piece of Black card stock with a 1\8" border and adhered this straight to the card base.  I then cut a piece of Grey card stock with a 1\4" border on both the left and right hand side but left it level at the top and bottom with the Black.  This piece of card was dry embossed with a brick embossing folder.

Next using my stamp positioner I stamped the Dragon, the Knight and the sentiment 'Hope Your Day Is MAGICAL' on scraps of White card stock in Memento Ink because I was going to use Alcohol Markers to colours these in.  Before colouring them in I used the dies to cut out both the Dragon and the Knight.  I got a stitched rectangle die to cut out the sentiment and then cut out a Black stitched layer to go with this.  These were then adhered together.

Using my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens I coloured the Knight and the Dragon.  I ensured that both of them had the bright and light pinks.  I put the Dragon on to the project using deep foam pads to give him some dimension whereas the Knight I adhered with thin foam pads.  Final embellishments were to cover the Dragon in Wink of Stella to make him sparkle and to add some Wink of Stella sparkle to the Knight's sword too.  I added Black Nuvo drops to their eyes to make them 'pop' and put three black gems at the top of the card by the sentiment.  My project was then finished!

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

6 comments:

  1. Love the coloring on your dragon!! Such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg,
    I coloured it in my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, still working on my skills with these though. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the Dragon Lorraine such a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danni, I am getting into this stamp/die set now as it wasn't one that instantly jumped out at me from the catalogue. I do love the dragon though he is adorable. :O)

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...