Sunday 18 February 2018

Twins

Twins


I created this card for a friend who's daughter has just given birth to twin girls, Annabel and Lily.  They are both doing well but still in hospital at present.  The colours for the Color Throwdown ctd480 were just right for my design.  A little different to the pinks, yellows that are normally used for the birth of girls.  I loved the thought of using Lilac.  Below is my finished project.


In my stash I had a grey 6x6" card base which used one of the colours straight away.  Then I cut a piece of White card stock so that it had a 1/8" border, this I dry embossed with the 'Ruffled' Stampin' Up embossing folder.  

I cut the words 'Let's Celebrate' for the sentiment in Green glitter paper once and twice in White.  The white I adhered on top of each other for dimension and then adhered this off set to the green glitter paper to create a shadow effect.  

On the Big Shot next I cut out two scalloped 2" circles in the same green glitter paper, two cribs in Lilac Designer Series Papers, two bunnies in Grey (complete with white tummies, black eyes and noses) and a capital "A" for Annabel and a capital "L" for Lily in Mauve shiny card.   All these cut die pieces then all had to be adhered together.

I have a basket of ribbon, so I went looking for some suitable for this project and found a beautiful Lilac organza ribbon to tie a bow in. All that was left to do was to put the components of my project together on the card base.  My project was then finished!

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)


6 comments:

  1. Lovely! Awww... Twin girls...wishing the health and happiness! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vickie,
      They are both doing well thank you, came home just recently to a big sister of 3 years old too. :O)

      Delete
  2. Love their names and love your sweet card that is personalized! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wanda,
      I wanted to be able to use my large letter dies on my project with their initials because otherwise I thought it just looked like two Moses Baskets on the card. :O)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Karen for your kind words of encouragement. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...