Saturday 17 February 2018

Thank You Card - Tone on Tone

Tone on Tone - Birthday Card

I created my project for MFT Sketch Challenge MFTWSC372.  See below for my completed project.


I cut an A2 card base out of Kraft card stock, then cut another piece of Kraft card stock 1/2" smaller to give me a 1/4" border at the right and left hand sides.  On this piece I stamped dots with a Memento Dewdrop Sand coloured ink to create a 'tone on tone' pattern.  I then wrapped two pieces of silver Washi tape around this card stock.  

Next I cut a piece of red card stock and first wrapped two pieces of Silver Washi tape around this so that it would be just under the top strip of Washi tape on the Kraft card stock and just above the other strip on the Kraft card stock.  I then stamped a flower in Red Bug Memento Dewdrop Ink randomly all over the top and bottom of the red card stock to create another 'tone on tone' pattern.  I added leaves with Olive Green Memento Dewdrop Ink too.  To give the flowers a bit of sparkle I painted them with Wink of Stella.  To keep the pattern throughout the whole card, I stamped a red flower and leaves on the white card stock that I had put inside the card for the greeting to be written on.  Also I stamped the same image on the front of the envelope.

Then I wrapped a piece of white ribbon around the red card stock and tied a bow.  Finally I cut a small rectangle in white card stock and stamped 'Thank You' in Black Memento Ink.  My project was then finished!

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...