Thursday 8 February 2018

Owl Always Be Here


Owl Card


Here is a card I made for the Card Challenge #PP379 by The Paper Players which was titled 'Will You Be My Valentine?'

I thought I would do a project a little different from the norm for a Valentine's Card.  In my stash of stamps I found these two owls both of which had hearts on them.  Then I read the sentiment that was with them and thought it was so appropriate as an alternate Valentine's Card.

I used Stampin' Up Wood Texture DSP and sent it through the Big Shot in the bark embossing folder.  I then adhered to a piece of a white card stock and using a large oval die to cut through both pieces.  Then I adhered another piece of this DSP to the front of a white card base.  I also adhered the middle of the oval that had been cut out flat to this.  

The owls were coloured with Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens and I used black Nuvo drops for their eyes.  The front oval panel was then adhered with foam pads to give dimension and the owls were adhered with wet glue tucked inside.

I came across in my brown scrap plastic wallet a piece of the Wood Texture DSP, so I stamped a branch with leaves on this.  I fussy cut around this image and then adhered this to my project with wet glue.  

Finally there was the sentiment, I stamped this with Versamark ink and then heat set this with white embossing powder in order that it stood out on the dark DSP.   My project was then finished!

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)


2 comments:

  1. Lorraine, your owls are so fun! I love this idea for a Valentine! The wood grained background is perfect! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire for your lovely feedback regarding my owl card. I think the wood grain patterned paper is so versatile I always have some in my craft stash. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...