Sunday 11 February 2018

Colour Throw Down Challenge #ctd479


Four Little Pigs


This is my entry for the Card Challenge -  Color Throwdown #479 in which your design had to use the colours red, pink and grey.  So as you can see I used a grey card stock base, the piggies are pink and they are carrying red flowers and the sentiment is red also.

Now to tell you how I created my design.  I had in my stash this pre-cut grey card base with a beautiful irregular edge, so there was no need to cut any card stock and I decided to make my card flat without any layer or matt either; printing straight onto the card base front panel.

I used my stamping positioner to stamp my design.  Firstly I stamped the image onto some masking paper and cut this out.  Starting from the left I stamped the first image, then covered this with the mask and stamped the next image.  I continued this by moving the mask up to the previously stamped image and then stamping the next; until I had enough room for the sentiment but not for a pig! Leaving the mask in place on the last pig, I then stamped the sentiment 'You Make Me Happy'.  Lastly, I stamped some clouds in the top half of the front panel.  I did have to stamp out a mask for the clouds too, as you can see from the cluster on the right one cloud is behind another so the cloud at the front needed masking before I stamped the cloud behind.  With all the stamping done now, next came the colour - not before allowing the ink to dry a little first.

To colour the pigs I decided to use my Prismacolor Coloured Pencils and Zest It Pencil Blend.  I used three tones of pink for the pigs.  I started with the lightest for their bellies and inside the ears.  Next I used the darkest pink for where the shadows were formed and then I used the medium toned pink to blend these all together.  I used a brown for their trotters, snout and for some darker blending on the far ears.  When I was happy with the colour of the pigs, I used my Zest It to blend and smooth out the pencil lines.  The flowers were coloured with a dark red and with the smallest bit of yellow for the centres.  I also used two tones of green for the grass, initially the darkest to outline the stamped lines and then the lighter tone to bring the two colours together.  Again I used my Zest It on the flowers and the grass area.  The clouds were left uncoloured because they were going to be grey for the challenge anyway.  I then used a black permanent marker pen to go over the pigs eyes, snout and mouths.  A red and green marker were used for the stems and leaves of the flowers and the sentiment.  

Everything was coloured and blended that I wanted coloured and blended but then I added my embellishments.  With a white gel pen I added three dots to each pig's cheek and inside their wiggly tails and with Wink of Stella I went over the red coloured pencil on the flowers' petals to make them glittery.  My project was then finished!

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine


2 comments:

  1. Love those piggies with red flowers! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vickie,
    It was quite difficult initially to get the piggies in line without masking up the piggy behind. I am a fairly new card crafter and masking is not a technique I have mastered yet, but I was pleased with how this project turned out. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...