Thursday 1 February 2018

Shaker Card from Perennial Birthday Card Kit

Birthday Shaker Card


From my previous posts you will have seen that I purchased a Perennial Birthday Project Kit.  This kit has the resources to enable a crafter to create 16 cards (4 different designs).  I initially made up 1 card of each design, I uploaded photographs of these on my blog.  Later I uploaded 3 photographs of cards that I had made from the resources in this kit but these were my own designs.  I then went back to the original designs for the rest of the cards.

When I had finished these,  I had 1 card base left, a sentiment and a white diagonal grid.  I was not sure what to do with these pieces in order to create a card suitable to send out to a member of my family or friends.  Then it came to me - a Shaker Card!  

But I don't like making Shaker Cards, they never seem to work out.  Nevertheless, that is what I set out to do.  I first glued some clear acetate to the back of the grid.  Then I adhered thin foam tape around the back outer edge of the grid.

TOP TIP - I did not have any thin foam tape, just a 2cm wide roll.  So I remembered what Lesley Oman said to do.  I got a piece of relief paper (the piece from the back of stickers etc.) and cut a length of foam tape and put this on the paper.  I then took my steel rule and a craft knife and I carefully sliced the foam tape into 4 thin strips.  I could then take these off the relief paper as I needed it.  I had no sticky scissors either!!  

So I adhered the now thin foam strips around the back edge of the grid, leaving no gaps at all.  I then took my embossing buddy and wiped this around the edge of the foam tape.  I piled an assortment of sequins onto the card base and after taking of the backing from the foam tape I carefully laid the grid onto the card base.  I pressed this down firmly ensuring all the foam tape was adhered to the card base.

Then I attached the birthday sentiment I had left over, with a dimensional at either end so that no adhesive was on the front of the grid.  I glued 3 blue sequins onto the front of the grid and put silver Sparkles in the centres.  My designed Shaker Card was complete.

Please leave a comment because I would love to know what you think about my project.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine :o)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...