Thursday 8 March 2018

A Gold Feat

A Gold Feat


Stamping with Joy Card Challenge for Week 10 is a Sketch Challenge as shown above.  My design using this sketch is below.


In order to create my project I needed different sized scraps of Gold foil card stock.  The card base has been cut from White card stock (11 x 4 1/4") scored at (5 1/2") creating a top fold card measuring (4 1/4 x 5 3/4").  

The first layer of Gold foil is (3 1/2 x 5 1/2") this was adhered to the card base with strips of foam pads.  A piece (2 1/2 x 3 1/2") embossed in a flower embossing folder was adhered to the bottom end of the first layer.  Then I cut a piece (1 3/4 x 4") and that also was embossed using the flower embossing folder.  I glued that to a layer of White card stock before adhering it with strong sticky tape to the left-hand side of the card.  The next piece measured (1 1/4 x 3 1/2") and this was embossed with a butterfly embossing folder.  Again adhered to a white card stock layer and onto the card base but this time it was glued horizontally about 1" from the bottom of the first Gold layer.  The final Gold piece was a 2" square and this was embossed with a patterned embossing folder which also had butterflies on it.  To continue the same, it was glued to a white card stock layer and then adhered to the right-hand side of the card stock.  Because of the layers, it had a foam pad under the top right-hand corner and the rest was adhered using strong sticky tape.  

Using my Big Shot I die cut two butterflies and gently bending their wings and bodies they become more 3D.  Embellished with pearls and then adhered with foam pads to the top of the card base.  To complete my project,  I adhered a 'Thank You' Sentiment to the top with wet glue.  This completed my project.  

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)

2 comments:

  1. The different gold embossing pieces you have put on this card just compliments each other and the final effect looks fantastic Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for your feedback on this very special card. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...