Thursday 8 March 2018

Beautiful Bouncy Balloons

Beautiful Bouncy Balloons

The My Favourite Things (MFT)  Birthday Project this month is to 'Up, Up and Away' using one balloon or numerous balloons.  Here is my project with numerous beautiful bouncy balloons.


In order to create my project, I found a White (4 x 6") ready made card base in my stash.  I adhered this with low tack tape to my craft board.  Then I cut a piece of scrap card into a wavy pattern.  I used this as a stencil to create the clouds (Stampin' Spot Pool Party and Memento Dewdrop Bamboo Shoots) and grassy mounds.

Then on my Big Shot I die cut numerous balloons in different shapes and sizes from a bright Red card stock.  I stamped a pig image in Stampin' Up Basic Grey ink, (Stampin' Up - This Little Piggy Stamp Set) and coloured him with my Prismacolor Pencils.  I then fussy cut him out as close to the stamp line as possible.  Using my black gel pen I went over his trotters, eye and mouth to help these stand out.  I used the same gel pen to draw the balloon strings from the balloons to the pig's trotter.  The balloons were adhered to the card base using foam pads but I adhered the pig straight to the card base with wet glue.  I had some small balloons left over so I put two inside the card and two onto the front of the envelope, bringing these elements in with the design of the card.  

I stamped a large sentiment 'Hello' in Black Memento Ink on to the bottom of the card base.  This was from the Hero Arts 'Hello' stamp set.  I also stamped one of the smaller sentiments that go with the 'Hello' inside the card that said 'just a note to say'.  Finally, with my White gel pen I added highlights to all the balloons.  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)




2 comments:

  1. I just love all of this card Lorraine! It’s all so effective, the background scene looks fantastic and the pig looks very jolly holding the balloons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen for your feedback, he is a very, very jolly piggy! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...