Wednesday 21 March 2018

Old Wise Trees

Old Wise Trees


The Retro Rubber Challenge #82 is a theme challenge #rrcb82 which is "tic tac toe!"  Where as designers we have to choose three elements across, down or diagonally.  For my design I chose "PINK, THANKS & EMBOSSING".  My card design is below.  The stamp I used is again from a lady from my Shared Craft group who used to stamp in the past but no longer wants to, so she passed on her collection of stamps to lucky me.  So without upsetting this lady (I am not going to mention her age) but lets just say that all the stamps she gave me were older than 1 years old.


To create my design initially I found a White ready-made card base (5 x 5") in my craft stash.  I then found a piece of Pink card stock in my scrap folders and cut this down to measure (5 x 4").  I put this through the Big Shot in the Stampin' Up Ruffled embossing folder.  I then adhered this straight to the White card base with snail adhesive.

I then got a piece of White card stock from my scrap folders and cut this to measure (4 1/2 x 3 1/2"), I dragged Stampin' Up Pool Party ink across this card stock horizontally creating a background.  Then I used Memento Dewdrop Black ink to stamp 3 images of the tree.  This was adhered on top of the Pink card stock using foam pads.  

Next I looked in my ribbon basket and I found a Dark Pink (3/4") ribbon a very similar colour to that of the embossed piece of card stock.  I wrapped this around the left-hand side of the card stock inside and then in the middle on the outside I tied a flat knot and cut the tails off short.  

Finally came the sentiment, I found a large 'Thank You' stamp in the Stampin' Up Delightful Daisy stamp set.  I stamped this onto a scrap piece of White card stock using Black Memento ink.  Then trimmed the sentiment to measure (3 1/8 x 1").  This was adhered to the bottom of the card base with snail on the stamped image and foam pads at the bottom so that it laid straight.  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!





Lorraine

:o)

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful card - love those trees, they look wonderful against the blue background! What a great friend to pass on her stash! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, I haven't used this stamp before so was so pleased with the results. :O)

      Delete
  2. Very tactful of you in describing your stamp's age! And a lucky gift for you! I like they way you've created that background by dragging the ink pad. It makes a great backdrop for those lovely trees. Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, it is very difficult as a fairly new crafter to have stamps older than a year myself but as I said the stash I was passed on definitely are. Hopefully the more I join in then my own stamps will end up being older than a year and I will be able to use them as well. :O)

      Delete
  3. Love your tact here :) And your card is gorgeous, what a lovely stamp that is. Dragging the ink pad, has blown my mind!! Thanks for playing at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, I have seen a few card designers drag the ink pad. Haven't done it in the past before this was a first for me too! Will definitely be doing it again too. :O)

      Delete
  4. Simple and elegant card! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber and come craft with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neva for your words of support. :O)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty, a striking image and beautiful colors! Thanks for playing with our Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeAnne for your feedback on my design. :O)

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...