Sunday 18 March 2018

Spring Time Button Florals

Spring Time Button Florals



My project that I submitted for this Colour Challenge is:


To create my project I first found that I had already a beautiful Blue ready-made card base which was very close to the colour Berrylicious shown above.  This measured (5 x 5")  I then went looking in my craft stash to see what I could add to this to create my project.

I found I had a floral stamp with a button image in the centre.  So I thought it might be quite fun to stamp the floral image and then sew an actual button onto it.  With a light coloured ink (Basic Grey - Stampin' Up) I stamped 8 flowers on White card stock using my stamp positioner tool.  I also stamped two of the same images inside the card at opposite corners and I stamped another in the bottom right-hand corner of the envelope.  Whilst I had the ink out I stamped 'Happy Mail' in the top left-hand corner of the envelope too.

Now for the colour on the stamped images.  Firstly I fussy cut all the images out.  I then used my Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers Orange (OR2, OR3); Blue (BT6, BT8); Green (GT2, GT3) and the colourless blender marker too. Using the darker of the alcohol markers in the middle of the flowers and slightly on the start of the petals, then blending the lighter colour from this to the edges of the petals.  Then I used the colourless blender marker to lighten the very tips of the petals.  I went around the cut edges of the stamped images with the light coloured alcohol marker to take away any white that was left from the card stock it was printed on.  I also coloured on the underside of the petals with the same light markers too.  

Next I found 8 Yellow buttons in my craft stash and I sewed these to each flower centre with light Green Embroidery thread, tying a knot at the front.  I then curled the edges of the petals upwards with my bone folder.  To finish off the flowers I added some 'Wink of Stella' to make them sparkle a little.  

In my craft stash I found a rustic looking ready-made sentiment 'Happy Birthday' which was ideal for this project.  I adhered this to the centre of the card base with foam pads.  Then I adhered the flowers around the sentiment using wet glue straight to the card base.  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine

:o)

2 comments:

  1. I love all the different shades of the coloured flowers what a fantastic card Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen, I have my 'wink of stella' on them too! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...