Sunday 18 March 2018

Birthday Balloons

Birthday Balloons

MFTs Sketch Challenge #376 this week is as below:


My project I have submitted for this Sketch Challenge is this:


To create my project first I found a silver ready made card base in my craft stash (6 x 4 1/4").  I am trying to use up my ready made card bases because I bought these when I first started crafting before I learnt how to make card bases.  Then I went to my blue scrap Card Stock/Designer Series Paper (DSP) folder and found two pieces of DSP; one with horizontal stripes and on the opposite side it had a floral pattern.  I decided that these would look great as the layers on the project.  I trimmed the horizontal piece to (6 x 1 3/4") and the floral piece to (6 x 1 3/4").  I adhered the two pieces together with snail adhesive leaving (1/2") of the floral piece of DSP further out of the left-hand side of the vertical lined piece of DSP.  Then, I did something I haven't done yet as a crafter - I TORE!  I tore the DSP from the top to the bottom; leaving the torn edge.

I then adhered these two pieces of DSP to the card base using snail adhesive, the torn edge of the DSP was (3/4") from the left-hand folded edge of the card base.  Then I had to decide what to do for the circle from the sketch.  I went to my craft stash to see what I had or what I could stamp.  I found two balloons, one blue and one red which I had already die cut using my Big Shot but hadn't used yet.  The red gave a 'pop' of colour on the card base against the blues.  So I tied some Black embroidery thread around the bottoms of the balloons and secured this underneath the DSP.  Then I adhered the Red balloon straight onto the DSP with snail adhesive and then put the Blue balloon on top of the Red balloon slightly using foam pads.  

I found a ready-made sentiment "Happy Birthday" in my craft stash and adhered this with wet glue onto the Blue balloon.  Inside the card I adhered a large "Happy Birthday" die cut that I also found in my craft stash.  Onto the envelope I stamped 'Happy Mail' and adhered 3 candle pop stickers also that I found in my craft stash.  All in all, this project has helped me to use up some of the resources I had already in my craft stash and that completed my project. 

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)

2 comments:

  1. This card looks simple but very effective Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen, it was quite simple to put together. xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...