Saturday 7 April 2018

Hello Butterflies

Hello Butterflies



My take on this sketch is below:


To create my card I first found a ready-made Vanilla card base (5 3/4 x 4").  I dry embossed the front panel of this card base with Stampin' Up 'Lovely Lace' embossing folder.  Next I got out my Big Shot and die cut a Spellbinders large sentiment "Hello" 5 times in purple card stock and the top one in a shiny foil purple card stock.  These I adhered together with wet glue and put an acetate block on top of it and allowed it to dry.  I found a die a similar shape to that on the sketch which was part of my mason jar die set, so I die cut this out in the same purple foil card stock as the sentiment.  I have two banner dies, so whilst the Big Shot was out I chose two purple scraps from my scrap folder and die cut these out.  The largest banner I trimmed on my trimmer and cut the banner end with my snips.

I then adhered all the banners together with wet glue and allowed these to dry.  I wanted then an image for my design, in my craft stash I found some stickers (some which were 3D with gems) that were different shades of purple.   So I adhered a large light purple butterfly onto the die cut shape with strong double sided tape.  

The banner were adhered to the card front with strong double sided tape and the die cut shape the same.  The sentiment though was adhered using wet glue and a heavy object put on top whilst it dried.  There was a small dark blue/purple butterfly which I adhered to between the 'H' and 'l' on the sentiment.  

Now for the inside of the card:


I used two more stickers from the sheet to continue the theme, a large blue/purple butterfly and a purple Pansy.  

Next I decorated the envelope:


I adhered the rest of the Pansies to the bottom left-hand corner as well as a small blue/purple butterfly.  At the top left-hand corner I stamped the duck delivering mail and a 'Happy Mail' sentiment so that my recipient would know that this is not a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine

:o)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...