Tuesday 1 May 2018

Amazing You!

Amazing You! 

My card design for Inspire.Create Challenge #016 is below: 






In my craft stash I found a ready-made White scalloped card base measuring (5 3/4 x 4"), I cut a piece of Peekaboo Peach card stock to (5 1/2 x 3 3/4") and also a piece of White card stock to (5 1/4 x 3 1/2").  The Black card stock was a piece of scrap from my black scrap folder (I always keep pieces such as this as they are so handy for sentiments.)  I had a Stampin' Spot in Peekaboo Peach and Emerald Green to use for this project.  The other colours used I tried to match them as near as possible to those put in the challenge list.  

I used a stamp positioning tool when I was stamping so that I could double stamp if the first stamp was not clear or had missed bits of the image.  This is also useful because with the stamp I chose I needed to ink up in two different colours, one for the leaves and one for the flower head at the same time.  I second generation stamped the image to get a very pale pink flower image,  in a darker pink  and in a peach ink too.  The leaves were stamped in a green ink.   The whole image was not shown on the front as I just wanted the flower poking in from the edges.  I continued the theme inside the card by stamping a full image in and on the front of the envelope using the flowers.   Oops! I forgot I also used Black Memento Ink too in this project, that was for the Happy Mail stamp and my cute little duck holding the envelope which I put on the top left-hand corner of the envelope so the recipient knows it is not a bill!

Next I adhered the stamped card stock with double sided sticky tape to the Peach card stock.  I then cut a piece of 1cm wide Dark Pink ribbon and with a thinner double sided sticky tape I adhered this to the ribbon and placed this across the centre of the stamped imaged and fastened it at the back of the Peach card stock.  After this I did the same as before, added double sided sticky tape to the back of the Peach card stock and adhered this straight to the card base.  

The sentiment was next.  I used my embossing buddy on the Black card stock scrap and stamped the sentiment 'Sending Heartfelt Thoughts' in Versamark and covered this in WOW White embossing powder which I then heated with my Heat Gun.  After letting this cool a short while, I cut a banner edge to both ends and added small foam pads underneath and put this in the centre of the card front panel.  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

1 comment:

  1. For this card I was awarded a stamp from Inspire.Create for #016 Colour Challenge. This is my 2nd stamp for my blog so I am an extremely happy card crafter.

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...